Greetings and salutations!

New users must post here first and let us know a little bit about yourself.
N1KY

Greetings and salutations!

Post by N1KY » Mon May 25, 2020 12:06 am

Hello everyone.

The GD77 was my introduction to DMR and while it had a steep learning curve I am the type of person who loves challenges and learning new things. The learning associated with the GD77 and DMR actually reignited my spark for amateur radio and got me active again after having been dormant for a few years.

I first discovered the project that is now named OpenGD77 shortly after I acquired the GD77. I was in the initial learning phase and was reading everything online that I could find about the GD77 when I stumbled upon Roger Clark's blog. At that time the 'project' seemed to be very new and raw. I was excited by its potential but because there were no guarantees as to its longevity I decided to wait and check back up on it at a later date.

Fast forward to today and I am very happy to see that OpenGD77 is flourishing and the community is thriving. It has advanced by leaps and bounds in a relatively short amount of time.

I have installed OpenGD77 on my GD77 and I am absolutely thrilled with it. Many thanks to all the people who had a hand in making it possible!

N1KY
Last edited by N1KY on Mon May 25, 2020 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

kd2lh

Re: Greetings and salutations!

Post by kd2lh » Mon May 25, 2020 1:46 am

Welcome to the project.