Original FW for TYT MD-760

New users must post here first and let us know a little bit about yourself.
mouseman73

Original FW for TYT MD-760

Post by mouseman73 » Sat May 23, 2020 6:02 am

Hello, i would like flash my TYT MD760 back to stock firmware (becouse i have problem with com port (i spend more as one day - switch my os to English, uninstall / install driver, original, opengd, changing all, trying all, but without any ligh on end of tunel ...). But i can search any TYT original. I was trying FW for GD77 original (V4.2.8.sql) but this isnt possible flash it. Somebody from you guys have a original for TYT? For shure, my basic fault, i dont wrote down my original number of FW ...

VK3KYY

Re: Original FW for TYT MD-760

Post by VK3KYY » Sat May 23, 2020 8:11 am

mouseman73 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 6:02 am
Hello, i would like flash my TYT MD760 back to stock firmware (becouse i have problem with com port (i spend more as one day - switch my os to English, uninstall / install driver, original, opengd, changing all, trying all, but without any ligh on end of tunel ...). But i can search any TYT original. I was trying FW for GD77 original (V4.2.8.sql) but this isnt possible flash it. Somebody from you guys have a original for TYT? For shure, my basic fault, i dont wrote down my original number of FW ...
All the stock firmware versions from Radioddity are in this github repo

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... r/firmware

I've no idea about TYT MD760 firmware, as orignally it was different to the Radioddity firmware, however the version number you quoted is a Radioddity version.

PS.

You should restore the backups of the Flash and EEPROM you made prior to uploading the codeplug etc from the OpenGD77 CPS, otherwise you may have problems when you re-install the newer versions of the official firmware, as it appears to look for signs of the OpenGD77 being installed and can cause the radio to then be locked on that official firmware version and cant be switched back to the OpenGD77

mouseman73

Post by mouseman73 » Sat May 23, 2020 12:59 pm

Thank you for info. MD-760 is more complete same as GD77 instead of other, but firmware from Radioddity isnt fit inside Tytera. I have no backup of original. I dont want flash back, only one reason i have, because of OpenGD77 not communicate with my computer. As i wrote, i did milion of things but still not :-( and some settings isnt possible make on radio directly.

BTW my Win10 is Czech - this is probably reason why "no com port found" as you and other people from my Country trying solve in different thread. But if you want open this problem again, i am ready for cooperation, i can give you for example Teamviewer to my computer for testing some, or i can run what you want, make reports. This problem with non-working CPS give all OpenGD77 to 50 percent of usage (for me). But i like it, the idea make open firmware is great - i want use it, but without CPS i have a problem :-(

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat May 23, 2020 9:07 pm

Someone posted a python script to upload the codeplug, you could try using that, but I think getting the Com ports to work with python on Windows is not easy

It’s not possible for me to install a different version of Windows that is not English, but I can perhaps add some more error reporting to the CPS so perhaps we can find why it is not possible to select the Com port

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat May 23, 2020 9:11 pm

mouseman73 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:59 pm
Thank you for info. MD-760 is more complete same as GD77 instead of other, but firmware from Radioddity isnt fit inside Tytera. I have no backup of original. I dont want flash back, only one reason i have, because of OpenGD77 not communicate with my computer. As i wrote, i did milion of things but still not :-( and some settings isnt possible make on radio directly.

BTW my Win10 is Czech - this is probably reason why "no com port found" as you and other people from my Country trying solve in different thread. But if you want open this problem again, i am ready for cooperation, i can give you for example Teamviewer to my computer for testing some, or i can run what you want, make reports. This problem with non-working CPS give all OpenGD77 to 50 percent of usage (for me). But i like it, the idea make open firmware is great - i want use it, but without CPS i have a problem :-(

In the Windows Device Manager, what us the device name for Com port device when the OpenGD77 is connected ?

mouseman73

Post by mouseman73 » Sun May 24, 2020 12:11 am

In the Windows Device Manager, what us the device name for Com port device when the OpenGD77 is connected ?
This is the interesting thinks, OpenGD77 (COM6) - and sure, in different USB is COM5. But still device not found.
omeone posted a python script to upload the codeplug, you could try using that ...
Yes, this i read here and i woul like try it soon.
It’s not possible for me to install a different version of Windows that is not English ...
For shure, i dont expect this :-) but i can help.

mouseman73

Post by mouseman73 » Sun May 24, 2020 12:17 am

Back to stock MD-760 is finally easy. Just go to Radioddity page, download latest firmware for GD77 - unzip it, install China software (no idea what they wrote, but triple click on button do it), run setup and flash latest firmware. It is working, GD77 and MD760 is exactly same firmware, just somewhere in memory is MD760 on Tytera device. Thats all. Working perfectly.

Here: https://www.radioddity.com/pages/radioddity-download

mouseman73

Post by mouseman73 » Tue May 26, 2020 5:32 pm

When i simply copare my and your output from PS, it is exactly same. Just PNPDeviceID is little bit diferent.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue May 26, 2020 9:26 pm

Ok.

I just wanted to be sure that the problem was not in the name of the driver

Can download and install Microsoft Visual Studio Community Edition, and also download the CPS source from GitHub

mouseman73

Post by mouseman73 » Wed May 27, 2020 9:22 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:26 pm
Can download and install Microsoft Visual Studio Community Edition, and also download the CPS source from GitHub
VS comunity installed. Source code from GITHUB dowloaded. I am ready for next task Roger :-)