New Member KI7JLK

New users must post here first and let us know a little bit about yourself.
KI7JLK

New Member KI7JLK

Post by KI7JLK » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:59 am

Trying again with DMR after a learning hiatus on HF. I need to learn how to simplify codeplugs and DMR ID's in CSV files. Currently trying to upload ID's but when I edit uploadable file down to <10k lines, an Active Client error box tells me "Data Format is Wrong". Also trying to find where exactly to download OpenGD77 firmware. Forever a challenge, this DMR is!

m1dyp

Re: New Member KI7JLK

Post by m1dyp » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:14 am

hi,look in codeplugs and developement sections of this board, good luck

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:10 am

After loading the OpenGD77 firmware, you need to use the OpenGD77 CPS because it uses a USB Serial connection, whereas the official firmware uses USB HID (usb mouse / keyboard interface)

The OpenGD77 installer will install the USB Serial driver

See the FAQ for the link to the OpenGD77 CPS

You can use the OpenGD77 CPS to actually install the OpenGD77 firmware.

And the OpenGD77 CPS has a facility to upload the DMR ID database (which was done by ActiveClient to the official firmware).
The DMR ID database upload in the OpenGD77 can download ID's by region, for a specific date range (number of days since an ID was active), or you can import the user.csv data file downloaded from www.radioid.net (and then filter by region code)

KI7JLK

Post by KI7JLK » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:09 am

O.k! That make sense. I lost the ability to use the CPS right after the firmware upgrade. I'll re-install the OpenGD77 from the FAQ as suggested and see if that fixed the communication problem. Thank you so much!

Edit: re-installed CPS with drive and it still won't communicate with radio. I'll just keep playing with it. I did put the latest firmware in.