Hello from Le Havre in France

New users must post here first and let us know a little bit about yourself.
F4IKZ

Hello from Le Havre in France

Post by F4IKZ » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:17 am

Hello, my name is Gianni. I'm 42 and live near Le Havre in France (Normandy Region)
I'm a young radio amateur licenced since september 2019 (F4IKZ) .
I recently purchased a GD-77, interested to tweak it by the way of your wonderfull job on your open source firmware
I have some skills in C# and C++ especially on cross-platform (Lin, win mac) déployement.
If I can contribute to help the project, do not hesitate.
My goal if I reach yours skills level in future, is to implement the FreeDV to replace DMR in the GD77

VK3KYY

Re: Hello from Le Havre in France

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:27 am

Welcome Gianni

The firmware is very easy to build. I can send you a PDF with some instructions (in English) and a links to download the IDE and SDK
The firmware is written in C.

The CPS is written in C#. I use an old version of Visual Studio ( 2012 ), but I think its possible to build using Visual Studio 2019 etc

F1CXG

Post by F1CXG » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:16 am

Welcome aboard, Gianni, too few French on the forum, despite the number of users ...... :roll:

F4IKZ

Post by F4IKZ » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:41 pm

Thanks to all for welcome.
I success to build the firmware on linux.
I already started to work on CPS import channels bugs... I tried to make some pull request, but unfortunately , I 'm not yet easy with git operations :?
I'm looking also to get it works on linux with mono instead of wine emulation.

Let go on CPS dedicated topics the forum :)

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:30 am

F4IKZ wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:41 pm
Thanks to all for welcome.
I success to build the firmware on linux.
I already started to work on CPS import channels bugs... I tried to make some pull request, but unfortunately , I 'm not yet easy with git operations :?
I'm looking also to get it works on linux with mono instead of wine emulation.

Let go on CPS dedicated topics the forum :)
Send a PM to Daniel F1RBM, because he has already done a lot of work for the CPS on Linux.

14FRS2907

Post by 14FRS2907 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:10 pm

Bonjour Gianni
Je suis de Lille, je suis écouteur depuis les années 80, ça date Hi...
Possesseur du GD77, je rencontre un problème.
Lorsque je charge le firm du 31 décembre ou du 6 janvier, dernier Firm,
la reception DMR n est pas correcte.
Je reçois le debut du qso, puis coupure de la transmission.
Le problème ne vient pas de mon installation, lorsque je repasse le GD77 sous le firm V 0_3_5
la reception DMR est correcte sans aucune coupure.
Ce problème est présent sur les bandes amateurs,mais également sur les fréquences DMR commerciales.
Peut être pourrez vous m'orienter sur cet étrange problème.
14FRS2907

F4IKZ

Post by F4IKZ » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:00 pm

Bonsoir, je débarque tout juste sur le GD77. J'ai cru comprendre qu'il y avait des tests en cours pour essayer de comprendre le fonctionnement la puce dédié au codage décodage du DMR. En effet , ce composant central du GD-77 semble très peu documenté et nécessite une approche Darwiniste : "Test = Erreur ou OK". J'ai constaté également ce problème en réception sur les dernier firmware avec un hotspot mmdvm.
Je ferai l'essai ce week end au radio club, avec un relais Hytera RD985 sur les 2 TS.

Il n'y a pas de honte à conserver un firmware un peu plus ancien pour l'utilisation au quotidien. Ce qui est important, c'est de signaler les symptômes pour que l'équipe en charge du dev soit informée et corrige le tir.

F6CYK

Post by F6CYK » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:14 pm

Un bonjour d'Etretat aux amis français qui sont sur cette discussion et un clin d'oeil tout particulier à F4IKZ, mon "pays" du Havre et de la Société Havraise de TSF, le plus vieux radio-club de France...
And a big thank you to VK3KYY and its entire international team of developers for the work they do for the benefit of the ham radio community.
Best wishes for 2020 to all!
F6CYK / Pierre-Antoine