Hi All!

New users must post here first and let us know a little bit about yourself.
KF0OYO

Hi All!

Post by KF0OYO » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:45 pm

Been using the OGD77 firmware on my TYT MD-UV390 for a week now and a recently new ham (got my Tech in February and my General in March). In that week, I've found the OGD77 firmware to be less buggy than the factory firmware by quite a bit, and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Hope to learn more about the hobby. I'm a senior software quality analyst, focusing on test automation, for a major electronics company, and hope I can possibly help make the firmware better for everyone.

KF0OYO

VK3KYY

Re: Hi All!

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:46 pm

Welcome

We are not aware of any bugs beyond the hardware limitations of the radios

KF0OYO

Post by KF0OYO » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:02 pm

I'm not sure if it's locked ROM "issue" (which would fall into the limitations of the radio), but after transferring channels to the radio, I can't seem to keep edits to store. For instance I have a local repeater that seems to be having issues right now, and every time the radio scans through, it stops on the repeater to blare the static that is constantly being output. When I do the following:

Menu > Channel Details > change any setting > Press the top-left green button

That seems to save the settings. The moment that I tune off of that repeater and come back, it's back to using the CPS software settings. In the instance of this particular repeater, I simply wanted to change the settings to both the zone and all skip until the repeater has been repaired.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:30 pm

KF0OYO wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:02 pm
I'm not sure if it's locked ROM "issue" (which would fall into the limitations of the radio), but after transferring channels to the radio, I can't seem to keep edits to store. For instance I have a local repeater that seems to be having issues right now, and every time the radio scans through, it stops on the repeater to blare the static that is constantly being output. When I do the following:

Menu > Channel Details > change any setting > Press the top-left green button

That seems to save the settings. The moment that I tune off of that repeater and come back, it's back to using the CPS software settings. In the instance of this particular repeater, I simply wanted to change the settings to both the zone and all skip until the repeater has been repaired.
How to permanently write changes back into the codeplug is documented in User Guide.
i.e SK2 + Green, otherwise the change is only temporary for immediatly testing any changes you made

KF0OYO

Post by KF0OYO » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:15 am

I must have missed that as I skimmed through. Cheers!