Help please

New users must post here first and let us know a little bit about yourself.
2E0FNS

Help please

Post by 2E0FNS » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:37 pm

Hello,
I am new to the hobby, I have a GD77, as a first DMR set, I can use CHIRP to program the set but I cannot use the code pugs on this site. When I use chirp, the set is accessible no problem, but when I try the Roger Clark software my laptop cannot see the GD77. Any ideas please

W0RMT

Re: Help please

Post by W0RMT » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:01 pm

Did you install the OpenGD77 CPS and driver from this link? You need to use the OpenGD77 CPS and not chirp to load the OpenGD77 FW and use the codeplugs here that are for the 80 channel zones.

DU2XXR

Re: Help please

Post by DU2XXR » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:31 am

2E0FNS wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:37 pm
Hello,
I am new to the hobby, I have a GD77, as a first DMR set, I can use CHIRP to program the set but I cannot use the code pugs on this site. When I use chirp, the set is accessible no problem, but when I try the Roger Clark software my laptop cannot see the GD77. Any ideas please
Welcome to ham radio, to DMR, and to OpenGD77. I like CHIRP -- I use it to program many of my radios. However, for DMR programming, you might find that other "codeplug" software might be more appropriate.

My first question is -- are you using OpenGD77 firmware, or are you still using the stock Radioddity GD77 firmware that your radio came with?

If you are still using stock, then you can use the official codeplug software (or CPS), or the Community CPS.

I strongly recommend updating to the OpenGD77 firmware, however, with its numerous benefits and UI improvements.

Again, welcome, and please feel free to browse around the forums or do a search -- some concerns might have been discussed/resolved before.

Do post an inquiry if you need assistance from the community.