Hello from Concord, CA

New users must post here first and let us know a little bit about yourself.
KM6IXA

Hello from Concord, CA

Post by KM6IXA » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:49 am

Hi all,

General class ham for a few years along with my wife. Have half a dozen HTs including a new and as of yet unprogrammed GD77. That is my first venture into digital ham. Will be getting it on air soon, first in California, then in the Indiana suburbs of Chicago early next year.

Thanks for having me.
Denis

VK3KYY

Re: Hello from Concord, CA

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:02 am

Hi Dennis

I recommend you find someone else locally with a codeplug with the local repeaters already setup.

I know we have a plenty of members from the USA, but I even California is a big place, so I don't know if we have any members who could give you a codeplug that would work without modification.

W0RMT

Post by W0RMT » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:56 pm

Welcome, Denis. What is your call sign? I'm sure we can find you a codeplug for your area from within the group. Where specifically in California are you located?

KM6IXA

Post by KM6IXA » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:37 am

Wow!

Thanks for the fast replies and offers to help.

I work progamming databases, so I think I will be able to work through this with your help. I have programmed 5 HTs and a couple of mobile 2m radios. The local club Mt. DIablo A.R.C. has help available as well.

The user guide is first rate. Wormt, you did a great job. I will use it to load the latest Tier II firmware. After that I will need to load code plugs for California, Indiana and Nevada as I will be in NCAL and Reno area on and off and in Indiana. I am in no great hurry and look forward to this.

Thanks again for the gracias offer to help.

Denis
KM6IXA

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:40 am

KM6IXA wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:37 am
Wow!

Thanks for the fast replies and offers to help.

I work progamming databases, so I think I will be able to work through this with your help. I have programmed 5 HTs and a couple of mobile 2m radios. The local club Mt. DIablo A.R.C. has help available as well.

The user guide is first rate. Wormt, you did a great job. I will use it to load the latest Tier II firmware. After that I will need to load code plugs for California, Indiana and Nevada as I will be in NCAL and Reno area on and off and in Indiana. I am in no great hurry and look forward to this.

Thanks again for the gracias offer to help.

Denis
KM6IXA
Username has been changed to your callsign KM6IXA