VE3TOS Brampton Ont

New users must post here first and let us know a little bit about yourself.
ve3tos

VE3TOS Brampton Ont

Post by ve3tos » Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:45 pm

Hello all, Name is David located in Brampton, Ontario. VE3TOS lic'ed for 33 yrs or so. Over the course of many years I have gone from VHF/UHF,
to HF Voice to HF Digital, due to QTH Locations and antenna and power limitations. Lately I have been in one of those digital phases.
Been running WSPR on 100mw from a pin on a Raspberry Pi(with filtering). That has been mindblowing how far a 100mw signal(if it even
gets 100mw to the antenna due to it running through an antenna tuner first). Now I have gotten into the SDR using a HERMES LITE2 radio with 5w,
waiting on a 50w amp. Right now just exploring digital modes like FT8/FT4, VARA.....

On topic for this board OpenGD77, I have a RT84 which I really haven't used much. And I just didn't like how the radio worked and hoped GD77 would motivate me more into using it. I had a MMDVM setup but the SD card crashed and that went to the side of the desk and the radio. Now that winter slowly approaching figured out it's a fall/winter project I should work on. 

VK3KYY

Re: VE3TOS Brampton Ont

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:05 pm

Welcome