Dave new to openGD77

New users must post here first and let us know a little bit about yourself.
ad4uu

Dave new to openGD77

Post by ad4uu » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:39 pm

Hi,

In lower Michigan at the moment. Moving to Florida next week. Warmer winters.
Just started with the OPEN GD77. Have been working with a variety of hotspots since the beginning.

Like to use the open gd77 in Florida as a hotspot in the house to use in our retirement community.

I have has issues with I/O errors and cannot write or read from the radio. Also have issue with pi-star hanging in TX.

Appreciate all the work you all have done on this project.

Thanks

Dave/AD4UU

VK3KYY

Re: Dave new to openGD77

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:16 am

Hi Dave

Some people have reported problems with the CPS with IO errors, but I've not been able to replicate them.

Do you mean CPS errors or errors with PiStar USB connection

ad4uu

Post by ad4uu » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:38 pm

Hello Roger, Thanks for your reply. I get the I/O when attempting to read or write to the radio with a usb connection.
I get a pop-up window: "The I/O connection has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request?

I tried to post a jpg file with the error but says its too big.

I also get TX hangs on pi-star 100% of the time.

I understand that radioddity has a firmware version 3.1.5 that may reset the chips. Anyone know where I can find it?

Thanks

Dave

IZ2EIB

Post by IZ2EIB » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:30 pm

ad4uu wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:38 pm
I understand that radioddity has a firmware version 3.1.5 that may reset the chips. Anyone know where I can find it?
Hi Dave.
I do not think the rescue firmware v3.1.5. is the solution in your case, but trying does not cost anything.
Actually it seems to fix the problem of displaced frequency that occurs while doing a reset on a GD-77 with the firmware 3.1.3, but it is correct, Radioddity calls it rescue firmware.
You can find it here:
https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... r/firmware

73 best regards de Fabio IZ2EIB