New users must post here first and let us know a little bit about yourself.
wb0zpw

Post by wb0zpw » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:41 pm

Hello from Overland Park, KS. My call is WB0ZPW. I have also held the following callsigns: SV0AC (1979-2005), DA1AC (1991-1993), SV0AC/SV9 (1984-1990) and OX5AC (1983-1984). DMR is fairly new to me, especially the GD-77 and I am having a problem with programming it. Specifically, under "Digital Contacts." I had an Anytone 868 before and it was different in its programmer. On the Anytone, this was a list of amateurs and their ID's. On the GD-77, it looks like a repeat of the Talk Groups list. Can anyone help me?? I am also on D-Star and Fusion. 73 all de Mike, WB0ZPW

VK3KYY

Re: New Member

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:51 am

Digital contacts are used for TalkGroups and for people you want to call using the DMR Private Call system (supported on some networks)

Depending on which network you use, you may need to use the DMR ID database system so that the radio shows the Callsign and name of the station you are receiving

On Brandmeister the Callsign is sent as part of the DMR data, so you don't need to load the DMR ID database.
And if the operator has entered their name etc into the Brandmeister Self Care system you'll also see their name and other details.

For DMR MARC you'll need to use the "Download Callsign Database" option on the Extras menu.

Note the memory size in the GD77 etc is only 1 megabytes, which is substantially less than radios like the Anytone, hence the radio can only store around 26000 callsigns, or around 12000 callsigns + names, depending on how many characters you select for each data base entry.

So its not possible to install the entire DMR ID database, which is several hundred thousand entries.
It should be noted that although there are several hundred thousand registerd ID's, many people have 2 ID's and only every use 1 of them, as well as special event and club callsigns, some of which hardly ever get use.
I'd estimate the actual number of activate DMR ID's is far less than 100k, probably 75 or 80k

Use the ID filter to select which subset of the entrire DMR ID database you want to load.

Note.
It looks like the Ham Digital DMR ID service is no longer available, and that option needs to be removed from the CPS.

There is some also information in the User Guide about building an effective codeplug

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... s-software