OpenGD77 Since 2018

New users must post here first and let us know a little bit about yourself.
FD8ZZ

OpenGD77 Since 2018

Post by FD8ZZ » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:55 pm

Hello the opengd77 team,

Since 2018, I have been following the evolution of openGD77 with my radioddity GD-77(S) and it's a very big job that has been done.
Well done to all the contributors.

Thank you !!!

FD8ZZ.

VK3KYY

Re: OpenGD77 Since 2018

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:56 pm

Hi

I just noticed your post, even though its quite old.

I think its good to point out how long this whole project has taken, and the amount of effort required to make the firmware, even though the firmware is not perfect.

Its the culmination of work, not just by Kai and me and Danial and anyone else who wrote some code.
The work effectively stated long before Kai managed to crack the encryption, which allowed firmware to be created and uploaded to the radio.

If I had not saved every version of firmware released by Radioddity and post it to GitHub, Kai would not have been able to analyse each firmware version and manage to crack the encryption.

Also, if people like Jason had not already tried to understand the Calibration data, and other people e.g. Colin has not analysed the codeplug format, it would have been much more work for Kai and me etc, to write code to use the codeplug data.

Also other people supplied me with things like the (incomplete) data sheet for the C6000 DMR chip, which they managed to buy from a Chinese file sharing website. I don't even know who exactly who bought the C6000 data sheet, but there are many people who don't get credit for the contribution they made