Hello from Colorado!

New users must post here first and let us know a little bit about yourself.
nr0d

Hello from Colorado!

Post by nr0d » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:40 pm

Hello all! Name is Tim, NR0D.

I've been a ham for 27 years, first 10 or so was as a Tech+ leading to General and doing TCP over packet and lots of VHF/UHF and a little 10 meters. Went idle raising kids until 2013, helped my then-13-year-old get licensed and got back into things, mostly with HF via a Kenwood TS-480SAT. Now that the bands stink and I'm also doing more off-roading in my 4Runner, I'm back into VHF/UHF more and playing around. I love working with people who have the time to tear apart gear and make it better, so I got an MD-380 a couple of years ago, but feel like the GD-77 is much more of an active project, so I'll be getting one tomorrow.

Here in Colorado we have a big DMR network run by Rocky Mountain Ham Radio that covers a lot of the state and uses microwave linking. I've used that before and look forward to getting back on it.

Anyway, hope I can help contribute! I'm in computer security and have used Linux since 1992 and have some programming experience, so we'll see.

Finally, I wanted to start off by saying I love all of the activity here, and thanks especially to Roger for what is obviously his hard work!

F1RMB

Re: Hello from Colorado!

Post by F1RMB » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:24 pm

Welcome to the forum.

Cheers
---
Daniel