[RTFM] No Scan Function

New users must post here first and let us know a little bit about yourself.
G3ZXX

[RTFM] No Scan Function

Post by G3ZXX » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:57 pm

Hi Folks .....

Newbie Question I guess, but can't find anything helpful after a quick search of forum, other than a post telling me what it says in the user guide.

I've just converted to the latest OpenGD77 firmware etc.,

Bit of a learning curve, after being used to the typical DMR CPS. However, programmed in Repeaters and simplex etc., and all working OK.

However, the user guide indicates that I should tap the 'orange' button twice, to initiate a scan.

My assumption is that this should initiate a scan of the channels that I have not ticked the 'Skip' options, for.

However, the second press of the 'orange' button, does nothing at all. I'm left looking at the screen that appeared on the 1st tap ...

The Quick Menu, displaying "Filter: CC,TS" and "Channel --> VFO" and "VFO --> Channel", etc.

Am I making a newbie mistake, or what ?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

73 Dave, G3ZXX.

LY1RF

Re: No Scan Function

Post by LY1RF » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:06 pm

Long press "up"

F1RMB

Re: [RTFM] No Scan Function

Post by F1RMB » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:28 pm

Hi,
whydoes wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:16 pm
Hi, I saw video on youtube by Roger that is posted 7 month ago, he shows CC scan in DMR mode, but I see things have been changed since then and can't find this functionality in the manual. Has it been removed?
The scanning function is now part of the DMR filtering, turn off the CC filtering, and the firmware will scan for it.

Cheers.
---
Daniel