Hello from Turkey

New users please post here first and let us know a little bit about yourself.
User avatar
F1RMB
Posts: 412
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:42 am
Location: Grenoble, France
Contact:

Re: Hello from Turkey

Post by F1RMB » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:03 am

Hi Roger,
VK3KYY wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:58 am
Ah OK.

I didn't know that...
Me neither ;)
VK3KYY wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:58 am
Hopefully ta5ayx should be able to get back to you today and we can put this into the next release.
I hope so, even if it's not 100% perfect, that would be great.

Cheers.
---
Daniel
73 de Daniel.

User avatar
ta5ayx
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:27 pm
Location: Turkiye

Re: Hello from Turkey

Post by ta5ayx » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:57 am

Greetings, dear people,
Sorry, I just saw the message.
Yes, some Turkish characters supported the device. I tried to explain this with a picture before.
I rearranged and removed unsupported Turkish characters.
I tried to shorten some long texts.
I hope I can be useful to you.
greetings good work 73
Attachments
2turkish.zip
(2.7 KiB) Downloaded 2 times

User avatar
F1RMB
Posts: 412
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:42 am
Location: Grenoble, France
Contact:

Re: Hello from Turkey

Post by F1RMB » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:33 am

Hi Ali,

No, don't remove "unsupported" characters, currently two of the ones you've listed aren't in the fonts, but they are not in your current translations.
So please, leave them in, and tell me if there is anything wrong when displayed on the screen.

The only missing character are: Ğ, ğ and such special dotted I and dotless i. But it's possible to add them, but AFAIK, they aren't used in the current tranlations you've made (or I'm missing something).


Cheers.
---
Daniel
73 de Daniel.

User avatar
F1RMB
Posts: 412
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:42 am
Location: Grenoble, France
Contact:

Re: Hello from Turkey

Post by F1RMB » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:40 am

F1RMB wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:33 am
Hi Ali,

No, don't remove "unsupported" characters, currently two of the ones you've listed aren't in the fonts, but they are not in your current translations.
So please, leave them in, and tell me if there is anything wrong when displayed on the screen.

The only missing character are: Ğ, ğ and such special dotted I and dotless i. But it's possible to add them, but AFAIK, they aren't used in the current tranlations you've made (or I'm missing something).


Cheers.
---
Daniel
BTW, I checked the first translation you sent me, and something looks weird: I see þ character, but it seems not part of the Turkish alphabet. Maybe there is a problem with the encoding of the first file you sent me (it's ISO-8859-1 encoded, I do need UTF-8 to avoid problems).

Cheers.
---
Daniel
73 de Daniel.

User avatar
F1RMB
Posts: 412
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:42 am
Location: Grenoble, France
Contact:

Re: Hello from Turkey

Post by F1RMB » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:48 am

Or, tell me what encoding you used for the first file, to make me able to convert it.
73 de Daniel.

User avatar
F1RMB
Posts: 412
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:42 am
Location: Grenoble, France
Contact:

Re: Hello from Turkey

Post by F1RMB » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:51 am

F1RMB wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:48 am
Or, tell me what encoding you used for the first file, to make me able to convert it.
I tried to convert from Turkish "windows-1254" to UTF-8, is the result correct ?

Cheers.
---
Daniel
Attachments
turkish-converted-utf-8.h.zip
(2.88 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
73 de Daniel.

User avatar
ta5ayx
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:27 pm
Location: Turkiye

Re: Hello from Turkey

Post by ta5ayx » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:09 am

Sorry, I changed the characters that are not supported on the device in the last file.
I am using Notepad ++ and made this setting, see the picture.
I just made this setting.
I am not an expert on these issues.
The S characters are not on the screen and I did not come out, so I corrected them as S and i.
edit:
The file in your last message is OK.
It is necessary to look for any characters that do not load on the device and appear on the screen.

User avatar
F1RMB
Posts: 412
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:42 am
Location: Grenoble, France
Contact:

Re: Hello from Turkey

Post by F1RMB » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:42 am

Hi Ali,
ta5ayx wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:09 am
Sorry, I changed the characters that are not supported on the device in the last file.
I am using Notepad ++ and made this setting, see the picture.
I just made this setting.
I am not an expert on these issues.
The S characters are not on the screen and I did not come out, so I corrected them as S and i.
edit:
The file in your last message is OK.
It is necessary to look for any characters that do not load on the device and appear on the screen.
Okay, so now the first file is correct, I will rebuild another firmware, but later as I'm busy with other things right now.

In the meantime, if you can update the file I've attached in the previous post, with your corrections, that would be nice, then I will build you another test version, and please, don't remove Turkish "special" characters, as it won't help me to add missing ones to the font.

In Notepad++, UTF-8 should be automatically selected now, when editing this file.

So, ignore the first firmware I sent you, it's simply wrong, as it used a bad encoding translation file.


Cheers.
---
Daniel
73 de Daniel.

User avatar
ta5ayx
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:27 pm
Location: Turkiye

Re: Hello from Turkey

Post by ta5ayx » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:19 pm

I opened the last file you sent and looked again.
I made minor corrections.
I did not touch the Turkish special characters.
I am sending it back to you in its final form.
Thank you good work
Attachments
2turkish-converted-utf-8.zip
(2.83 KiB) Downloaded 2 times

User avatar
F1RMB
Posts: 412
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:42 am
Location: Grenoble, France
Contact:

Re: Hello from Turkey

Post by F1RMB » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:50 pm

Hi Ali,
ta5ayx wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:19 pm
I opened the last file you sent and looked again.
I made minor corrections.
I did not touch the Turkish special characters.
I am sending it back to you in its final form.
Thank you good work
The file looks good.
I will send you a firmware soon.

Cheers.
---
Daniel
73 de Daniel.

Post Reply